Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Such a slacker! (at blogging....)

So I know, I know....it has been a LONG time since I have blogged. At first, it was because nothing was really going on. But recently, A LOT has started to happen. First, MY DRESS CAME IN!!! WOO HOO!!!! :-) It's so pretty and I love it even more than I did when I first picked it out. I went to the bridal shop (shout out again to the wonderful ladies at Faccio- they ROCK) on Monday and tried it on. I loved it and I loved it even more because it was a little big on me. That made me feel good but I still can't go overboard with it. I want to still be able to fit into it come January when we start the alterations. Another awesome thing is
that last Sunday, all my bridesmaids met me at the bridal shop in Murfreesboro to get measured for their dresses. They were all able to come(with the exception of my matron of honor/sister but like I told her, I GUESS it was OK since she lives in another state and all) No, she's off the hook since we already had her measurements from the last time she was in town. The lady at the bridal shop is so super sweet and opened up her store on a Sunday when she is supposed to be closed just for us and she is doing all the alterations for my girls for FREE which I have never heard of. Just amazing and I am so happy with everything so far. I was so happy that all my girls could come and get to meet each other and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life.

I met with our wedding planner last week as well and sort of caught her up on everything. I as sort of overwhelmed with everything that was thrown at me and I guess I didn't realize exactly how much was left to do. I mean, I know we still have a lot but I didn't know we had to start doing a lot of it NOW. Like I need to get my make up trial run soon so I can be sure to lock in my date with the make up artist. So I am planning on getting that on the books very soon. Even though, our wedding planner suggested that I get the hair and the make up trial run done on the same day but that's going to be pretty impossible considering the make up guy is in Green Hills and may hair stylist is in Mt. Juliet. I could do it on a Saturday but I would have to pay a lot extra for the make up guy to get a private room and I am not sure I can swing that. I need to ask the planner about that again. Also, I was finally able to send off the list of addresses to my sister for the save the dates. I am so excited about getting them out and letting everyone know that it's officially official- Wes and I are getting married. I am so excited about some of the fun stuff that is to come.
Speaking of fun stuff, we have our engagement pictures coming up next weekend and I am really looking forward to that. I don't know how excited Mr. Stilts is about it but I am really pumped. I have never really had any professional pictures taken of me before. I am also looking forward to Mr. Stilts having to act like he likes me in PUBLIC. HA HA
I will post some as soon as we get them back. For now though, I would like to post a picture of the reception dresses for my bridesmaids. I was thinking about alternating between the two for each one. Love them!! Again, bridesmaids- YOU'RE WELCOME! ;-)

So beautiful.........Tear.....

No comments:

Post a Comment