Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still slacking...

So, I told myself that I would make it a point to be better about posting more often. Wow-I have done such a crappy job at that! Things have been moving along quite nicely though as far as the wedding goes. We got out our Save the Dates and so now it's really OFFICIAL! My sister did a beautiful job on them and I am still so grateful that she is doing them for us. The design is gorgeous and I cant wait to see how the invites and everything turn out. Also we are having our first wedding shower on November 21. The parents of one of our groomsmen are throwing it for us. So, since we hadn't registered anywhere yet, we had to run out and get that process started. We registered at Bed, Bath and Beyond and have added a bunch of awesome things. I am really excited and grateful that they are throwing this for us. I am still getting used to being the center of attention. It's all kind of weird to have a party thrown for you but it's so nice! We ALSO, (and this one is a biggie) FINALLY figured out and booked our honeymoon! We are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic and staying at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana resort. We are going the Monday after our wedding and staying for 7 whole nights. I am SO thrilled and can't wait to go. It's an all inclusive resort and we have an ocean front suite with a jacuzzi on the balcony! Here's a picture of our balcony-






How AWESOME is that?!?!?!?!? So excited! Plus, Mr. Stilts was the one who actually found the place and when we asked our travel agent, she told us how beautiful Punta Cana is so we were sold. We got a great deal and I honestly can't wait to go and just RELAX in the beautiful sun! I have been wanting to go back to the beach just because I used to go every year and I haven't been in about 5 years. I can't wait to smell the air down there. I LOVE the smell of the beach. Plus, it will be so nice to be able to get away for a whole week with Mr. Stilts just the two of us.


So, things have started moving right along as we hit the 5 month mark. I am a lot of nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time. There are so many emotions that I have running through me and I know it's just going to get worse the closer we get. I can't believe we have already almost at 5 months away! This year has just flown by. Way faster than I am comfortable with. :-) At least Mr. Stilts and I aren't procrastinators.


We had our engagement pictures done by our fabulous photographer on October 25. They turned out great and I will post some of those once I get them. I can post this one for now that I L-O-V-E! YAY EMILY!!! :-)




I can't wait to get them all back. There are some really awesome ones! Plus, my best friend, (as some of you know as Mrs. Ski) is going to be taking some pictures of us too this weekend. She is starting to branch out on her own as a photographer so she is doing some shots of us for her website and for our pleasure! :-) I am SO happy that not only do we get to hang out but I also get my picture taken by the one person that made me LOVE it! I used to hate myself in pictures but Mrs. Ski made me a believer that I too, can take a pretty picture. These are going to be very informal and A LOT of fun! We have already brainstormed on some awesome ideas. So, in closing, things are going right along at a good pace I feel. In 5 months from now, I might be pulling my hair out but when it comes down to it, I couldn't be happier.
What an exciting, awesome, nerve wrecking, anxiety-ridden time in my life. I wouldn't want it any other way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment