Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tell me somethin' good!

I am in good spirits today. I feel like we are making more major steps and things (so far) seem to be fairly flawless. We have finally gotten the "OK" from the church's pastor to have our long time family friend, Charles, officiate the ceremony. This means so much to us because for one, he is such a great guy and has such an amazing spirit. It means a lot to both Mr. Stilts and I to have someone who knows us perform the ceremony. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he has an amazing speaking voice. I am so thrilled that we were able to work it out. Also, we got the proposal from the florist myself and my Mom met with a while ago. Both my Mom and I really liked her and thought she had a lot of great ideas. The way she described things put such a great picture in my head and it made me that much more excited about seeing it all unfold. It really gets you pumped to finally be able to picture in your head what everything could look like. The proposal was over our budget but she was upfront about it and said that she wanted to put everything in there and then we could start cutting what we could live without to get down where we were more comfortable. We are going to meet with another potential florist hopefully next week. I am just waiting for him to let me know what days and times work for him. I plan on meeting with one more just so we can see what our options are and then we can pick from there. So far though, I am very pleased (even though I have only met with one). I guess for me it's fun to think that these people are just as excited about our wedding as I am. Now, I know that they are trying to get the business so they NEED to seem excited but they do a great job at it! As I was reading this first proposal I could see how beautiful everything would be and it makes me a little misty-eyed. What a wonderful day this is going to be.
I know we still have a long way to go and we MUST start working on finalizing the guest list. That is the one thing that I am really not looking forward to and totally petrified about. We are both so scared about making people upset is they aren't invited. You know, it's upsetting but at the same time, cutting the guest list is the #1 way to cut down costs. I am just trying to do everything I can to make it beautiful but also affordable. SO this is going to be a tough one.
Oh and one little update. I went to have my wedding dress re-measure last week. My Mom and Mr. Stilts Mom came out and his Mom got to see the dress for the first time. She said she loved it and it made me so happy that she was able to see it before the wedding. BUT ALSO- I found out that I have lost an inch off both the top and bottom of my chest (YAY!) and 2 1/2 inches off my waist!!! I mean seriously!! ?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?! I was so excited and it really proves to me that what I am doing is working as far as working out and eating right. At this rate, I am SO pumped to see what can happen in 9 1/2 months until the wedding. It really gives me the motivation to keep it up and to make this a lifestyle, not a temporary, "I want to look great only for the wedding" thing.
So, patting myself on the back and moving forward- Tally Ho!!! (I really don't know what that means but it sounds cool) :-)

1 comment:

  1. That is AWESOME news! I'm so proud of your accomplishments! Way to Go!!!!

    ReplyDelete