Thursday, February 26, 2009

FINALLY! Progress!!

So~~ We have finally hired a wedding planner!! WOO HOO! I am so happy about it, I can almost scream! It might not be much but it makes it feel like we are actually moving forward instead of standing still or running in circles. I think we have pretty much settled on the church as well but we still have to go up there to meet with the minister and the event coordinator. Also, we still have to sign all the necessary paperwork and such. As for the reception, we are getting closer to the areas in which we are comfortable with but still not 100% yet. Mr. Stilts and I are going back and forth on locations. I am still in love with Gaylord Springs but we have to be able to feel comfortable with what we are spending in relation to our budget. We both feel it's not necessary to spend a ton of money on one day and in reality, this is more about us vowing to be there for each other for the rest of our lives and to me, that's more important than any sit down dinner, honeymoon, dress....anything. I am so excited about becoming his wife. I know we have our ups and downs as any couple would (and ESPECIALLY a couple planning a wedding)but in the end I couldn't imagine going home at night and not having him there.
We have also started working out just about every day and really watching what we eat. I never thought I would be as motivated as I am but knowing that a wedding gown is in my future REALLY helps. Plus, we got the Wii Fit and it has been kicking our butt! It makes it fun and it's nice to be able to feel like we are getting well rounded work outs at home. Mr. Stilts has already lost quite a bit of weight and I have lost some but I noticed the other day some toning that made me squeal with excitement. That is the motivation I need to keep it going. I really want to be tone more than lose weight (even though who would be mad about losing weight.....not I) but mostly I want to not pay attention to the numbers and concentrate on how I feel about myself and how my clothes fit. Anyway, I am feeling that while this wedding planning is probably one of the most stressful things I have ever done in my life, it's also been a great motivator for both of to make some changes in our lives. I'm so pumped and hopefully the next time I post, I will have one more GIANT check off our list!!
YAY 1 1/2 CHECKS SO FAR!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment