Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Trying to get things moving...

So we have been trying to find a church to get married in and it's a LOT harder than I thought it would be. There aren't a lot of churches that hold as many people as we would like and the ones that do have a TON of restrictions. I understand them though seeing that we are coming in as an outsider and a non-member. Still though, we have a couple of churches in mind and I am hoping to be able to go and check them out in person soon. It makes it harder since I work full time but I have a wonderful Mother and future Mother-in-law who have the time to possibly go look at places while I am at work. Just to get an idea and then if they think we will like it, then we can make arrangements to do so. That way maybe we can weed out some of the absolutely nots. My Mom and I have started meeting with some wedding coordinators to possibly hire to help out. We have met with one so far and really liked her but we have two more to meet with this week so we will see how they go. I am hoping that Mr. Stilts and his Mom can come along for these meetings as well. I want them as involved as they want to be. It is not just my day, it's Mr. Stilts and I's day as well as a day for our parents. I am hoping the wedding coordinator we choose will be able to help with ideas for certain things and give advice as needed as well as direct the wedding weekend. I really want us and our family to be able to enjoy our wedding and not be bothered with little details or issues that might come up. I am having a BLAST so far in planning this wedding, even though, we haven't really done anything yet. So far all we really have is a tentative date, depending on the availabiliy of the church and reception venue. I am getting a little anxious even though I know we have plenty of time but I would really like to at least get ONE thing actually planned and set in stone. Hopefully with the next post I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment