Wednesday, January 13, 2010

66 DAYS AND COUNTING!!

I can't believe that it's getting so close! Now I am seeing what it's really like to be a bride-to-be! I feel like every weekend is spent going somewhere or doing something that it wedding related. It's a lot but I am loving every second! This is the only time in my life I will get to do this stuff so I am trying to relish every moment because I know soon, it will all be over. I can't believe how fast 2009 went by. Mr. Stilts and I have been engaged for over a year and it still feels like he only proposed last week. As far as progress goes, we went to Men's Warehouse the other day and picked out the tuxes. I was so excited that we were able to find almost exact matches to both the matron of honor's dress and the bridesmaids dresses. Mr. Stilts' Dad AKA the best man will be in a black tux with a royal blue vest and tie and the rest of the groomsmen will have an ocean blue vest and tie. I can't believe we were able to find such close matches! As far as my Dad and Step Father, they will have ivory vests and ties and Mr. Stilts himself will be in all black. Once we finished at the tux shop we went to the jeweler and Mr. Stilts picked out his wedding band. It's simple and beautiful. I plan on going to purchase it probably next month. I am going to need enough time to have something engraved on it.
In the upcoming weekends I have quite a bit of things coming up. First, I have my first dress fitting on Monday and then Tuesday is our tasting at the reception location. I am really excited because at this tasting our florist is going to do a mock up of what our tables are going to look like. I am SO excited about seeing what they are going to look like on our wedding day! Plus, it will be an opportunity for us to make any changes. I am also going to be going with some of my bridesmaids for their fittings next weekend and the weekend after that. Then Sunday, the 25th I have my make up trial for the wedding. Seriously- SO MUCH STUFF! It's all fun stuff though!!
Oh and Mr. Stilts and I met with our minister who is going to marry us and have started our counseling. It was nice to be able to go over how we want the ceremony to go and we are so confident that it's going to be so wonderful. We both really love that the person who is going to marry us is someone who knows us well and loves us.
There are so many exciting things going on right now and I know it's just going to get more hectic and more fun! I might be coming back in a few days or weeks totally going against everything I have said about it being fun but right now I am going to live it up and enjoy it while I can! I know I am going to look back on this and wish time had gone by slower and I know I am really looking forward to starting this new chapter in our lives. Being a friend, a companion, a wife and eventually a mother. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment